Friday, November 20, 2015

Bicycling, Gentrification, NYPD, Donald Trump, Oh My!

I was the guest on yesterday’s installment of the Federalist Radio Hour with Ben Domenech. I took over the entire show, talking about a wide-ranging set of urban issues, including:

  • 0:00 – About me
  • 3:30 – Challenges facing cities
  • 5:20 – The limited power of city governments
  • 7:45 – Reinventing NYC and success at crime reduction
  • 10:15 – Crime in Chicago
  • 13:10 – Revival of cities and global cities
  • 15:28 – Millennial life cycle
  • 17:45 – Bike lanes – “The overwrought opposition to bicycling is almost comical”
  • 21:02 – Gentrification
  • 28:55 – Infrastructure and how to pay for it
  • 34:50 – The urban regulatory state
  • 38:45 – My podcast with my father about why the Republican base hates the GOP establishment and loves Donald Trump
  • 47:05 – Republicans and cities

If the embed doesn’t display for you, click over to listen on Soundcloud.

 

 


from The Urbanophile
http://www.urbanophile.com/2015/11/20/bicycling-gentrification-nypd-donald-trump-oh-my/

No comments:

Post a Comment