Saturday, January 23, 2016

When the Snow Comes Down, New Yorkers Come Out to Play

IMG_2300

Much of the eastern US is getting slammed with a blizzard today. But in New York, snow coming down is just yet another reason to get out of the apartment and go play in the park.

I went out around 3:00 today and recorded two Periscope videos that you can check out if you want. The first of them is of the cityscape starting at 68th and Columbus, walking south along Columbus and Broadway to Columbus Circle, then into Central Park. The second is a shorter look at people out and about on 72nd St. in Central Park.  I had so much fun I was giggling as I walked down the street.

I am also now using Instagram and you can see some pictures I posted on my account there. But for those who aren’t Instagramers, here is some of what I saw.

Central Park West looking south from Columbus

Central Park West looking south from Columbus

 

IMG_2298

People walking in the park. The conservancy was busy plowing the paths and roadways for people to use.

 

The guy found an easier way to get around

This guy found an easier way to get around

 

One of my favorite spots any time of year.

One of my favorite spots any time of year.

 

Central Park looking beautiful in the snow.

Central Park looking beautiful in the snow.

 

More folks out enjoying an amazing day.

More folks out enjoying an amazing day.

 


from Aaron M. Renn
http://www.urbanophile.com/2016/01/23/when-the-snow-comes-down-new-yorkers-come-out-to-play/

No comments:

Post a Comment